PDA

View Full Version : T is moving

WarriorSheep
04-26-2012, 06:05 PM
My therapist is leaving. :cry :cry :cry

It is for her own good.
And she genuinely feels bad about leaving her clients.
I am glad she has this opportunity.

But she is leaving! :cry
Cause she is awesome and the best one I have been able to find since my very first one, and I feel comfortable with her, and she is very skilled, we click amazingly, and I really like her, and I feel safe with her, and on and on and on....

I know I can handle this, but dammit I am gonna miss her. I still have a couple months before she leaves. I am glad she gave me time.

We are figuring out who I will transition to. I want to stay at the same facility for financial reasons (fin aid) and because there is not really another ED treatment center in the state.
I can go back to Dr.one - I love his personality and feel safe with him. I just do not feel I really got anywhere with him.
I can try Dr.two I do not know her or anything about her. My current T said I could have a few sessions with this doc while I am still with current T so we can process and decide if she is a good fit.
I want to go to Dr.three but she is full.
I guess if Dr. two is not a good fit I will go to Dr.one.

She is moving dammit. :cry

It seems that most people lately I thought were a solid support system slip away.

edit: this is happening all the while I am starting a new job, considering meds for social anxiety, kinda relapsing, and all shit. Everything is fucking changing.

recoveringredhead
04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't have any words of wisdom I'm afraid but I just want to say I feel for you.

My T is moving overseas for six months later in the year and while I'll still see him via skype it won't be the same as the one-on-one twice a week therapy I'm having now. I'm terrified and I can't imagine how much harder it would be if I had to find someone new.

Is it possible you could go on a waiting list for Dr Three? If your T isn't moving for a while Dr Three might have a spot for you by then. I do think that having some sessions with the new T while still seeing your old one is a great idea.

divadoll
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Good luck! The past few years I had a lot of ts. They each let me grow.as a person -- each in a different way. I'm glad now that they were all part of my life. My last t called me today and was glad I sm doing well without her. Each t shaped me into a fully functioning wonderful human being.

Take this time to reflect and grow.

DD

WarriorSheep
04-28-2012, 10:19 AM
:flower spoilt_pink_princess

My T is moving overseas for six months later in the year
Eek I am sorry. :sad

I'm terrified and I can't imagine how much harder it would be if I had to find someone new.
Finding new people can be hard because while many therapists can be good (some are not) only specific ones do I seem to click with. Also figuring the financial piece too. Do you have any ideas for who you will go to?

Is it possible you could go on a waiting list for Dr Three? If your T isn't moving for a while Dr Three might have a spot for you by then.
Yeah, but Dr. Three will not be back for a while. Her maternity leave is either getting ready to start or just started. From what my T said, my T would prefer not to add new people to Dr. Three.

I do think that having some sessions with the new T while still seeing your old one is a great idea.
Yeah I definitely like this too. I hope it helps.
I also thought and realized that my schedule is very tight now so availability will play a big role too.

:flower divadoll
The past few years I had a lot of ts. They each let me grow.as a person -- each in a different way. I'm glad now that they were all part of my life.
Yes me too. But this one I have made the most progress with and feel so safe with.

Take this time to reflect and grow.
Lol I am not that positive about the situation yet.

Lookinglass
04-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Dear WarriorSheep,

Wow, I can't believe I'm reading what you posted. Similar situation to my own = my T left. Also my T told me a few months before the 'big day'. I am glad you shared and posted about it here. Was it helpful to share? Your grieving process will be just that - yours. Honor it the ways that work for you. Also, let us know (if you want/can) what you may need. Grief/loss is a hard thing. I am sending you very warm thoughts. :sun

recoveringredhead
04-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm lucky that I don't have to see a new T. My T is going to skpye with me while he's away. I'm so incredibly grateful as he's the first T I've ever actually made progress with.

If availability for you is an issue in seeing the new T before your old T leaves could you see one one week and one the next week (assuming you currently go weekly)?

I totally understand about clicking with Ts. I know for me I also need someone who won't let me go off track. When I'm really struggling or talking about really uncomfortable things I tend to go off on tangents. I've had Ts who let me do that and it just wasn't helpful. With one all I did was talk about all the places I want to travel to. Not helpful in me moving forward in recovery because we never worked on my issues. I just stayed stuck.

Lookinglass
04-28-2012, 06:51 PM
WS - how are you fairing today? :love

WarriorSheep
04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
:love
Thank you greatly. I am going to reply, just do not know what to say now. :ugh
I am... overwhelmed with everything...

midnightdreary
04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Sending you major hugs :gimmehug

My T closed her practice as of April first and because I'm graduating college, I also have to find a new p.doc since I see someone who works on campus.

It's painful and it's scary and it's overwhelming. :gimmehug

You can do it. I can do it. You are strong.

Lookinglass
04-29-2012, 10:56 AM
It's okay, you don't need to say anything. Just glad you are there. :love

WarriorSheep
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
:love Thank you very much everyone.
I am pretty much avoiding think about that right now. Right now it seems like it will be sad but I am pretty much be okay... but I think that is because I am shutting a lot out.

WarriorSheep
05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
So I am going to meet with a totally different T at the center that I was not expecting! I have hopes. My T described her as: very likeably, but will challenge you and will not tolerate BS

recoveringredhead
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
That sounds positive! Are you going to meet with the new T before your old one leaves?

recoveryatlast
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
My first t moved to another state and that was difficult. Its good you have all these options lined up. I had no one and just had to look in phone book to find someone new and thats definately not ideal. At least your way you can transition....and yes it still will be painful with the closure stuff but we all need to learn grief responses sometimes and there really never is the right time to lose significant people in your life

WarriorSheep
05-12-2012, 08:13 AM
I met with a possible new T. I say possible because I get to decide if I think working with her would be beneficial or not. Soooo... I think I really like her! :bounce
She reminds me so much of my first T, who was beyond amazing. Of course after one session I cannot make any definite conclusions.

However I am very scared about the neediness/mommy crush thing becoming stronger. :cry Yikes. I do not want to have to feel all that again.

The good parts: she is confrontive and challenging, but I made sure she would not kick me out if I refused the challenge (gotta feel safe). She is funny and smiley and full of energy/life. She has decent to great experience with substance abuse, trauma, and eating disorders. She said that she sensed I was pretty insecure and anxious so she said she was trying to be more sensitive, like the T I am transition from. She was okay with all of my questions, and I feel comfortable enough asking her things... which is good and odd for me.

So I feel hopeful :rainbow and scared :scared. But I know it will be a good thing. :winky

axi
05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Good for you for meeting with her and being open to it! That is a huge step for you.

WarriorSheep
05-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank you :hugon Axi. :hugoff