PDA

View Full Version : Thought of romance puts me back in ED

jellybeanqueen
04-20-2012, 11:43 PM
I do not know if any of you guys can relate and I feel weird saying this, but the thought of ever dating/having sex/even kissing or just the act of innocent flirting sends automatically into diet mode which then triggers my binging/compulsive eating. Tonight I was at an NA meeting and just talked to a guy who is extremely attractive, and I left and went home to eat dinner and found myself making a really restrictive dinner...it is almost as if the thought of romance is an appetite supressant or just a way for the eating disorder to get that extra charge, but I got hunry just a while ago and ended up eating food out of the trash can and just engaging in really binge-ish/eating disorder behaviors like eating really rapidly standing up. I have made progress in that I was totally aware of what I was doing and was able to come MORE from a place of curiosity and not judgement...I do not know if any of this made sense but I feel like if I ever dated someone I would have to control my food to look a certain way or else he will leave me

divadoll
04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I thought I was alone! I have a similar problem. Relationships cause me to hinge eat. My boyfriend came over to my moms house when she wasn't there and all I did was keep eating. I'm glad he likes big girls with heafty appitites. He want to get busy and the only thing I did was shovel food in my mouth nonstop until my mom came back. I blame my food problem on the fact that I'm afraid of sexton due to an abuse issue I'm not ready to share.

DD