PDA

View Full Version : lunch time

divadoll
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
:redflag talks about food :redflag

I have been assigned a lunch buddy at program. Nobody knows about my eating disorder and that's not why I was assigned. In group we were dicusssing diabetes and since I knew a lot on the subject because my dad had diabetes I volenteered. The first time we had lunch together we stayed low carbahydrates at the salad bar. Now I can barely take the reg juice out of his hand. My dad was always a extreme health nut and some of that carried over to my ed. The guy at program is a hefty guy without a ed but I keep trying. Its not trigging.

The down side is that he thinks I want him as a girlfriend. Im already hooked up with a boyfriernd. I mean my bf has a few girlfrends but my mom says the guy I'm with is a "great guy".

How do I tell the program guy I just want to be pals and stop going to lunch together. He never listens.

Donna

divadoll
04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
He admitted today that he has a crush on me. I just said "I know" and walked away complaining that I'm tired.

DD

axi
04-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Why do you feel the need to govern his dietary choices? They are his and are separate from yours.

As for him liking you romantically, just be honest and say that you do not feel the same.

CatNip
04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
That sounds really difficult!

I think that the only way to deal with it is to either talk to the guy yourself, or speak to the person who arranged the buddy situation in the first place.

Good luck and hope more fish post with advice xxx

divadoll
04-27-2012, 01:53 PM
I care about him because I was assigned him. I was a peer councilor before this program I'm in. Part of the pe-con thinking is still with me.

Also my dad was diabetic and I'm afraid I might be predisbetic. I'm taking out on him because I'm taking it out on myself. When I offer him the salad bar, I also take the salad bar. I'm BED btw. Its easier to have a partner in crime --- even if he doesn't realize it. My dad was a health addict. He was always exercising and drinking vegatables.

DD