PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting married

Hyzenthlay
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I just wanted to share my news, for anyone who wants to know.

My boyfriend and I are getting married next year. We've only been together six months, but have both been on the same page the whole time, and have both known that we want to be together for good for ages. We've talked about marriage several times, and over Easter we decided to stop talking and start planning. Our families and friends seem really happy and supportive - I think they can see how good we are for each other.

So if all goes well, we'll get married in early spring next year at an old railway station, and have afternoon tea on a steam :train afterwards with everyone!

This would not all have happened if I hadn't committed to recovery. That much I am sure of. I would have been defensive/clingy/jealous/insecure...but instead I am trustful and honest (our communication is brilliant) and incredibly happy.

mooseprincess
04-16-2012, 02:14 PM
:Hugon hyz :hugoff that is fantastic news !!!! So happy for you!!! And it's so great you can attribute your relationship success to commiting to recovery, you continue to inspire me, lovely lady xxx

MysteryLove
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Hyzenthlay! :gimmehug That is exciting news. Congratulations! :love Best of luck with the wedding and marriage.

mooseprincess
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
:hugon hyz :hugoff that is fantastic news !!!! So happy for you!!! And it's so great you can attribute your relationship success to commiting to recovery, you continue to inspire me, lovely lady xxx

axi
04-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Congratulations!

ParadoxalPixie
04-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh I am so happy for you! I can't tell you how happy I am for you! mp is right you are an inspiration. You deserve all the happiness in the world :love

Morgan

escape needed
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
This is such a lovely post - highlighting the benefits of recovery to allow you to follow your path in life. Congratulations

Rothie
04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats!!!

Hyzenthlay
04-17-2012, 11:08 AM
:hugonmooseprincess:hugoff
:hugonMysteryLove:hugoff
:hugonaxi:hugoff
:hugonMorgan:hugoff
:hugonescape needed:hugoff
:hugonRothie:hugoff

Thank you, lovely :fishys for your kind words. I'm :touched.

sprout
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Congratulations, Hyzenthlay! :balloons

Thanks for sharing your happy news. :hairy

I got engaged after dating for only four months - and we've been together fifteen years! So maybe there is such a thing as love at first sight. :winky

Happy wedding planning! :love

bellydancer
04-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations, Hyzenthlay!

I love the idea of the old train station and tea. It sounds beautiful and unique.

Alethea
04-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Congratulations!! You have worked really hard and it's great to hear you described your relationship in such a healthy way. I love the venue idea, really unusual and special x

Hyzenthlay
04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
:hugonsprout:hugoff - thank you for sharing your story, that's lovely! It was definitely love at first sight for both of us.

:hugonbellydancer:hugoff and :hugonAlethea:hugoff - thank you, the venue and the old train ride are special for us because we met at a wedding in an old train station in another part of England. And we've been saying hello and goodbye at train stations for six months while we do the long distance thing. He's got a job in London now, yay, but I think trains will always be important to us! And I love, love, love afternoon tea!

WarriorSheep
04-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Congrats!!!
My husband and I too married without being together for a very long time. We were also considered young to marry. People judged us a lot, but I have never regretted getting married when we did.
I am happy for you! :bounce