PDA

View Full Version : thrown for a loop

trying_to_find_peace
04-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Its past midnite and I can't sleep....

For the past eight months my boss at work had been flirting rather heavily with me, with the touching, the sexual innuendos, telling me I'm attractive, and just out and out hitting on me. There were times he made me feel so uncomfortable that I considered not working for him.

Just this past week I found out that he's had a girlfriend for over **** years and just got engaged. The strange thing is rather than being relieved I find myself angry, because I feel like I've been played!! Which totally does not make sense because I always thought he was kinda weird. I guess I must have inadvertently in some way, without realizing it, became a little bit attracted to him too. That is so hard for me to admit because I guess I always thought he had a huge crush on me, when actually he could care less, but all that false attention had me fooled, and made me interested in him, it crept up on me, without me even realizing it.

I AM SUCH A FRICKING FOOL!!!

I just had to get that out there because I am pissed (and hurt).

sprout
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
You are not a fool. :love

Your boss behaved inappropriately, regardless of whether or not he had a girlfriend and you would be well within your rights to fie a complaint for sexual harassment.

You didn't do anything wrong, and it is normal to feel flattered and even interested when someone pays you so much attention. Sorry you're hurt. :love

trying_to_find_peace
04-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank you sprout for your kind words. It's been a few days since I've posted that message and I'm for the most part over it. I've learned my lesson about letting my guard down with people like him and every once in awhile I sense he is laughing at me behind my back (he asked me out a couple years ago, and I said no- maybe he is vindictive). But then again, I guess I don't much care. It's all water under the bridge.