PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need to Feel Bad About This?

Flor
04-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I am in a long distance relationship and often my boyfriend and I end up talking for about an hour and a half a day -- he calls at least once a day, and I often call once a day or once every two days or whenever I miss really miss hima nd know he is not busy.

Honestly, neither of us are big phone talkers, but it always feels pretty natural to talk to him this long, and I am scared that it doesn't feel the same way to him. And I am very afraid to bring it up because I do not want to give him the impression that I think that he calls too often, because that is the opposite of true -- I am so delighted to hear from him any time of day because we are really close and I miss him.

I want to make sure that I am not "forcing" him to talk that long.

Any suggestions? He is a pretty forward guy, is this the sort of thing he would just tell me if it was a problem?

DreamsInBlack&White
04-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Having been married for a very long time now, I've learned that most men tend to be very straightforward. If he was bothered by the amount of time you two spent on the phone, he'd stop calling so often, or he'd get off the phone with you more quickly. Unless one of those two things happen, I'd assume he's as happy about the length of your calls as you are. :) Sounds like you have a guy who really likes talking to you, even if he's not a big phone guy with the rest of the world. Just enjoy it!

Flor
04-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Thank you so much, missannabelle -- I just get so paranoid, why would anyone want to talk to me that long?? And sometimes he starts to sound very tired on the phone and usually close to then is when we say goodbye. I get so scared to be the one to "say goodbye" and I often let him say "well, I should probably let you go," or "I gotta go," or "you should probably get some sleep, don't you think?"
I get so scared, is it bad that I let him say goodbye? I only ever make the motion to get off the phone if something comes up or I need to get to class or whatever.