PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I have no one...

TheRedHead
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm really new here, so forgive me if this isn't in the right place. Also, this is kind of long, again, sorry.

For past couple years or so I've been, well to be honest I have no idea what to call it. I have these cycles where I'll be okay for a while, where I feel almost completely okay with myself and I eat normally. Then something will change, I'll get really stressed or get anxious about something and I end up restricting for a while and it just gets really bad. Also, I have these negative thoughts towards food. Like, if I eat a certain food I feel bad about it, like I need to do something to punish myself for eating it. Or, if I know I'm going to a friends house or something along those lines and I know I'll probably have to eat something that's not so great for me, I won't eat earlier in the day to like justify eating later. I don't really think I have an eating disorder exactly, but I think I may be on the verge or something. I know that I need to change these habits and the negative thoughts before I end up worse off.

Anyway, that isn't really the point of this post, that was just to give a back story.

I'm going to a community college in my hometown. I graduated in spring and so the rest of my friends are off at university. I just feel like I have no one I can talk to anymore, and I'm at the point where I feel I really need to talk to someone. Right now, everyone's pretty much on spring break and so I'm going to see some of my friends. I want to tell this one friend of mine. We've become really close and I feel like I can trust him, it's just I'm afraid of...I don't know, ruining our friendship, is that crazy? I don't want to be a burden, you know?

I'm so conflicted. I just feel like maybe opening up, and being honest with someone about this might help me see the light. I'd talk to a therapist but I know my parents can't afford it. And as for talking to my parents themselves, we're really not that close.

Has anyone else had experiences in talking to friends about this stuff? What were your experiences like?

ducksquack
03-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Welcome and I hope by sharing here you can get
the courage and encouragement to share with your
friend and also consider a counselor as many schools
have student services for those who need support.

Your friend may not understand EDs but I have found
my friends always were there for me even if to just
listen and be a friend.

Isolating and keeping everything inside doesnt help.

god bless.