PDA

View Full Version : Heart broken all over again.

sisserbell
02-29-2012, 06:05 AM
I know I probably sound like a broken record because I still love my ex and have this fairy tale idea that we will be together again one day.

Knowing this is highly doubtful doesn't make it any easier to take one step away from it. I love him still so very much.

I started talking with other guys, skyping, meeting for drinks, but the guilt was over powering last night. I just miss my ex so badly.

I know he has dated, moved forward, but I still hold hope.

Does anyone have any advice for some productive activites or ways of thinking to help me make a step in the right direction for me?

sflathinker
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Sometimes dating isn't the way to move on. Everyone is different. My girlfriend jumps back out there immediately, while I couldn't because going on dates made me miss an ex more. It made me wonder how he could date easily while I suffered. Another friend of mine took a year off from dating after moving out of her bfs house. She joined new groups, activities and avoided dating until she felt the anger, and overwhelming sadness of the breakup was behind her. It takes time, but eventually you do heal.

bellydancer
02-29-2012, 09:13 AM
I agree with sflathinker. Sometimes dating isn't the best way to move on. Sometimes the best way to move on is to focus on yourself, rather than on other people. Sometimes doing things like fostering friendships with girlfriends, taking a class, etc., can be a good way to build your own personal sense of self-worth rather than jumping back in to dating.