PDA

View Full Version : Healing and a New Start

Rayneonthemoon
02-24-2012, 06:54 AM
My ex and I broke up ten weeks ago. We were together for six years. As some of you know, due to our lease, we are still living together :ummm

Yea, it's been interesting... BUT, I am starting to heal. While the pain is still there, and I suspect it will be for a while, it's gotten less. I have realized I am starting to let go. I am starting to look forward to my life without her. I am starting to realize all the things and ways in which she treated me that I did not deserve. I am hopeful and optimistic about my future, and even a little relieved :yay

I move in two weeks into my own place. I am excited about a new start.

Sure, part of me sometimes feels obsessively curious about what's up in her life, even though we still live together, but to be honest even that's dwindling down. Sometimes I even find myself in a "f*ck it" and "f*ck her" mentality. Not in a mean type of a way, but in a letting-go type of a way.

I think it's going to be so much easier when we are not living together. If anything these last ten weeks living together has taught me is that it's opened my eyes to just how incompatible we are and just how incapable she is of being in a relationship because of her selfishness. Sure, it hurts like hell that I didn't see this sooner. In all honesty though, it's making me feel stronger and more secure in what I know I need and deserve out of a relationship. It's also making me feel stronger and more secure in what I know had very little to do with me, and quite a bit of what had to do with her.

Sure I'm sad, and angry... probably will be for a while. but it is getting easier.

ducksquack
02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
In all honesty though, it's making me feel stronger and more secure in what I know I need and deserve out of a relationship. It's also making me feel stronger and more secure in what I know had very little to do with me, and quite a bit of what had to do with her.

I have found that the lessons that I have learned the
most from came with a lot of pain. Yes I could have
seen the issues sooner but that is the past and I had
to let that go.

I felt the pain for various amounts of time but as I look
back on those situations I see that I am a better person
because of it and I DID make it thru each time.

Be gentle with yourself.

god bless.

Serena for Serenity
02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better, slowly but surely, and are moving into a new place! That is exciting and freeing for you. It can hurt to look back on relationships and see more clearly how things were so not working, or realize how the other person actually is, but it is also a sign that you are healing. And I like that you sometimes say f**k her, in a healthy way, because really, who cares what our exes are doing?! We are better off without them and on to wonderful new things. Keep taking care of you and healing.

BeStillAndKnow
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Rayne,

I just wanted to give you some :gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimm ehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug: gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimme hug:gimmehug:gimmehug:gimmehug

This has to be one of the hardest things youve ever been through. I hope you are better and feeling stronger every day.

Leslie

rhian
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
good luck hun - hope the fresh starts goes well for u
:gimmehug :gimmehug :gimmehug