PDA

View Full Version : quick help needed?

SmilingAtShadows
02-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't have any close girlfriends or female relatives to ask for help on this...

I met a wonderful guy a year ago, he was really there for me and was very open with me about himself. We had a lot in common and I fell for him. He had a gf so I never told him how I felt. We haven't seen much of each other but we stay in touch. Last week I saw him and he asked if I wanted to go to see a movie or something. I said yes, thinking that it was just as friends. He changed his mind, saying that he'd forgotten he had something to do the next day. He also said something like, "you probably don't like me anyway," and I told him that I did. As he was leaving he told me that he'd split up with his girlfriend, and gave me a very close hug.

I sent him a text later asking if he wanted to go for a drink sometime. He replied and said he'd like to but that he didn't have time.

I'm about to go abroad for three months. Half of me wants to tell him how I feel and another part is telling me to just leave it. I thought there might have been a romantic element but now I'm not sure.

I don't know what to do.... should I leave it or be honest with him!?

recoveringinwi
02-18-2012, 01:07 PM
That's a tough one, and only you can make the decision. I think when a guy repeatedly says he doesnt' have time, it can be a bad sign; a cop-out. A close hug can just signify friendship, but it could possibly mean more.
All in all you need to trust your heart. Will you always regret it if you don't say something? Will you regret it more or less if you say something and don't get the answer you hoped for?