PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm loosing everyone in my life

reneeloves
02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi! so im new here but ive been suffering from anorexia for a while now. I'm in my second year of college and I have met some really great friends this year however they recently found out about my eating disorder and they just havent been the same. I had to fight to stay here, my roommate thought that I should be going home and going into an inpatient program...but shes not an expert on ED. I just feel like my connection with my closest friends is going down the drain and I dont know what to do. I kind of feel like I just want to go home but I feel like I would be giving up.. anybody have any advice? :)

Annabee
02-16-2012, 03:59 AM
in terms of going home, just remember that your health should ALWAYS come first. It's really hard to put good self care in place after being used to abusing your body with an ED, but in order to really live and be okay, you have to be healthy.

are you seeing a treatment team or doctor at the moment?

with your friends, I think people who don't understand EDs can have a hard time knowing how to deal with them. Maybe you could try talking to just one of them at first and explain properly and in more detail about your ED and where you're at with it at the moment, because then they'd be more able to help and support you and you'd feel less isolated

sending hugs, you can do this! xx

ducksquack
02-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Welcome and I also hope that you have professional support
as recovery requires help for all of us. Your health does come
first and it sounds like your friends care and thats why they
are suggesting you go home and get help.

Your friends may not understand EDs and arent sure what to
say but that doesnt mean they dont care. Maybe talk to them
and let them know you need them.Those who are real friends
wont leave.

god bless.