PDA

View Full Version : Hugs for fishies

Hyzenthlay
02-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Hugs for anyone who finds this day difficult, whether you are single or not.

In previous years, Kensington recommended buying flowers for ourselves, which I've enjoyed doing before. I've just worked in a florist for a week, and I was allowed to take the broken roses back with me - there's just a few, sitting in a little Evian bottle, but they brighten the room up and they smell lovely.

helloballoon
02-14-2012, 03:00 AM
((((Hyz))))

While I'm not single, I made MYSELF a valentine's card :grin

Now I have to write it...:ummm

But anyone else want to join me in the writing cards to ourselves?!?:sly

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm going to recover,
And so will YOU.

My poetry needs more work... :sarcasm

noparenthesis
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Mollywolly, I love the idea of making yourself a valentine's card! I am single and don't have any plans to celebrate the day at all (I have to work) but that sounds like an awesome idea. :) I think I'm going to go do it!!

Kensington
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Don't let the commercials and the greeting card industries convince you that today is a lonely day if you aren't married to or dating Mr. or Ms. Wonderful. It's a bunch of hooey! Love thyself. :yay

biggestgainer
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
I may be goofy, but I have an appointment with my counselor this evening. I tried to hedge and defer the evening to her husband. It wasn't flying with her. In fact, she said, "My husband and I will celebrate another time. The restaurants are too busy on Valentine's night."

I am actually content with my life at the moment. That is so weird to say.

A friend and I were recently discussing how much we try to impress our mate when we are in a male/female relationship. Right now learning to impress myself is huge. I believe that if I can learn to impress myself I can grow into my authentic self.

I am loved.
I am loving.
I am brave.
I am finding me buried under all the lies ED told me.

Today, right at this moment, I am ok.

mjseven
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Hugs for all of you who have helped me get to this day with a smile on my face and an intense determination to recover. Valentine's day, for me, is about being grateful to those in your life, romantic or not. And fishies, I'm grateful to all of you! :) I'm going to celebrate the healing and bonding that I've found on this site because each of you deserve to celebrate and be celebrated :) Hope you all are doing well!!

sunshinepoppy
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I have never cared much about Valentine's day, single or attached, never made much difference to me. But when I am single, I usually make a special meal and watch the most unromantic movie I can think of... in protest of the greeting card industry. Tonight I will be watching Carrie, a wonderful antidote to the overwhelming sweet goo goo lovey dovey ness of the day.

For all you single ladies out there-- you don't have to be attached to be worth special treatment, tonight or any other night of the year.

:love :gimmehug :lubdub :gimmehug :love

Serena for Serenity
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
What a great post! Very inspiring! I am single and loving it because I have been tied down most of my adult life with all kinds of men and ugh, I am so glad to be free! I feel content within myself and my life and I was just journaling about how happy I feel. This time last year was when I was spiraling into my Ed and I have come so far since then. I truly am proud of myself and I can honestly say that I enjoy my own company and love and trust myself. These are such amazing and just :grin feelings! I am taking the time to be extra nice to myself today and am making myself a delicious dinner. I can't wait. I hope the rest of you :fishy have a wonderful day and remember, no matter what day it is, we all deserve to love ourselves and treat ourselves with respect.

helloballoon
02-14-2012, 05:35 PM
As someone who happens to have a bf, you'll be happy (?!) to know we give this day the snoot.
No cards, no flowers, no presents :grin

escape needed
02-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Thank you for the hug - and big hug out to all :fishy who want them

Me and my boyfriend are not celebrating valentines day today as his dad is sick in hospital. At first I did feel a little sad (other peoples loved up fb status are a little irritating). However

- I spent the time working on loving me. (felt highly inspired by Mollywollys make yourself a card). My card included some of my favourite inspirational quotes
- Its a random day of the year, throw a dart in a calender and you'd get something with a similar amount of meaning.
- People/card companies/society might want to sell me an idea of what todays day of love should be about, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to this idea of love. I can write my own story about love - in whatever way feels right for me

Have a :love day

rhian
02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
:gimmehug H :gimmehug
nice to see your face - long time no see
i don't think either of us are around much anymore - hope ur ok xxx