PDA

View Full Version : Call Him Out on It?

coffee-
02-05-2012, 02:52 AM
So I've been seeing this guy for the past month or so, and things were going fantastic! Or so I thought. We hung out last week at a friend's birthday at a local bar and I had a blast. This is the first time we were both around so many of our friends together since we met and everyone said that we seemed great together. A couple days after that however, things got different. We went from texting and talking all day to no communication from him whatsoever unless I said something. I finally gave up on being the one to always initiate the convo and we haven't really talked since.
I am so confused, I thought things were good and all of a sudden it's like I've been cast off.
I want to move on and let go, but something keeps me thinking- what happened?!
I really want to know!
A friend of mine suggested that I call him out on it and find out what's up and if I'm wasting my time. I don't want to sound too pushy though, plus his two closest friends are also friends of mine as well as coworkers and I don't want to blow things out of proportion in fear of messing up the working relationship I have with these mutual friends.
...Any thoughts?

fifteen
02-05-2012, 03:58 AM
I would just be honest and tell him you're getting the impression that he's not interested anymore and you're wondering why. I don't think that should cause drama. All you're asking for is for him to be upfront with you.

twiggyyay
02-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Talk to him. You at LEAST deserve an answer if he wants to go that way.

shrimpy
02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
It is diffcult, but I agree with the others, the most simple way forward (although not easy) is to ask him straight if he's ok, if everything's ok or if he's uncomfortable in anyway. At least that way you have an answer. He may be waiting for you to check up on him and feeling insecure himself.

The only way to know is to ask.

:gimmehugShrimps

coffee-
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Ended up texting him a bit of a rant. Waiting for reply. I think I'm going to be sick.

axi
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Why are you feeling sick? If he doesn't want to hang out with you and they best he could do was ignore you, then you have only gotten rid of a jerk who isn't worth your time.

coffee-
02-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I guess I was nervous cause I'm not a confrontational person.
Anyhow, I was "friended". He says that he's too busy to be in a relationship but I'm an amazing and fun person and he wants to still be friends. I'll take that, I do enjoy hanging out. However I do not believe that this was his intention from the start- if it was than my, he is very friendly to his friends.
I'm kind of hurt. Had a lovely meltdown at the coffee shop when I met up with my best friend to study. I guess it's just pent-up emotion, I've spent the last week wondering and now it's over....