PDA

View Full Version : Letting People Help You, And Being OK With It?

Rayneonthemoon
02-04-2012, 07:06 PM
So, I had surgery on Thursday and I'm completely laid up. I've had to let people help me, and actually be okay with it. It's a strange feeling. I almost feel guilty for it.

My roomate (uh, my ex, actually) has had to help me do everything - from sponge bathing, to helping me get dressed. She's actually been pretty good on that front, and mostly helpful and not complaining too much.

My friends are offering to come over and help, two have already done so. One is coming over tomorrow to do my dishes for me, the other came over and brought me Starbucks and sat with me for a while, then a third is coming over next week to sit with me for a while.

It's soooo strange and hard to accept help from people who are mostly freely willing to give it, and be ok with it. It feels NICE, but in a way almost like I don't deserve it.

ducksquack
02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
It sounds like you have some caring and wonderful
friends as they are so important in our lives.

You are giving them the gift of helping others which
is something which will help them in return.

I doubt that you would consider them undeserving
so why not consider yourself just as deserving?

Its time to be gentle with yourself and to enjoy the
caring of dear friends while you heal.

god bless.

Hopeful
02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I hope your surgery went well, and that you recover without any problems. It is hard to accept help from others and actually be "okay" with it. But you deserve the help, just as much as anyone else. I'm glad that you're letting others take care of you - we all need that from time to time. As ducksquack said, try to be gentle with yourself and take good care of YOU right now. You are worth it :gimmehug :gimmehug

sphenta
02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I Was layed up last week and had to ask for help. I found it very uncomforatable asking all the time for help. And then I found it wore on my patiences also. Hope you get well soon.

Serena for Serenity
02-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I hope your surgery went well too and that you recover well and pretty much will repeat what the others wrote. It can be hard to ask for help and receive it, whether the people give it willingly or for whatever reason, but you definitely deserve it! Your friends seem to care about you and they don't have to do anything, they want to. Wouldn't you do the same for them? I wouldn't beat yourself up or apologize too much for them helping you, take in their help and just say thanks. :gimmehug