PDA

View Full Version : This is too much for me

Anabel
01-28-2012, 04:04 PM
I thought I could trust my mother with my ED issues and I told her that I didn't think I was skinny and that when I look in the mirror I don't see skinny, and she was like she understands and all..

But then tonight I was sitting with the family, she starts talking to my dad like "did you know she thinks that she's fat? she told me" and she talked like I wasn't even sitting there right in front of THEM and then she goes on like "she's obviously mentally sick to think that" and that hurt me so much! I got so angry my hands were shaking and I couldn't stop yelling at her for talking about me like that, and I know I shouldn't have yelled but this is too much to me.

Every time I try to trust someone with my problems they let me down so hard, and she's my mother she wasn't supposed to talk about me like that, especially she's the main reason why I am anorexic, and after all what she did she's now acting like it was all my fault.. I can't even stop crying because why is everyone so mean to me! I feel like I can never go out of my room again after what happened, maybe I am being too sensitive but that's just too much for me to deal with.

axi
01-28-2012, 04:21 PM
she's my mother she wasn't supposed to talk about me like that, especially she's the main reason why I am anorexic, and after all what she did she's now acting like it was all my fault..

I think you have hit on a very important thing here. Your mom's attitude has played a part in your ED. You went to her with the expectation that she would be a decent mom and get you help and be sympathetic-which is what moms are supposed to do. Unfortunately, she has shown that she is not going to be the person that will do that for you.

So now you need to find someone who can. I suggest talking to your school guidance counselor. They can help talk to your parents and can follow up on this to make sure that your parents get you some help. Sadly, some adults are more likely to do the right thing is someone else is there watching their actions.

Honestly, I think the yelling is awesome! Way to use your voice. No one should talk to you/about you like that, especially your family.

You can leave your room and you absolutely should. You have a life to live and you shouldn't let people stop you from doing that.

escape needed
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so hurt

Its possible your mum didn't know how to react. I guess this isn't easy for parents, watching their child be so sick.

Eating disorders are mental illnesses. Whilst there are more tactful ways of your mum saying this - there isn't an easy way to hide this face.

What is the next positive step you need to take. Is it to explain to your mum about what you need next, is it to talk to a medical professional.

ducksquack
01-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Honestly, I think the yelling is awesome! Way to use your voice. No one should talk to you/about you like that, especially your family.

You can leave your room and you absolutely should. You have a life to live and you shouldn't let people stop you from doing that.

Your Mom was very unkind and unreasonable to speak
as she did and I would have been angry too. Good for
you for speaking up and its so sad that your Mom didnt
respect what you said and work with you to get help.

Please dont take her actions as a reason to punish yourself
as you havent dont anything wrong. I agree that getting
help from a counselor is a great idea.

god bless.

Anabel
01-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the support everyone, I am in touch with a counselor actually but I did not let my parents know about it, I was planning to but after the way my mother reacted to my confession I will not let her in any further, however I will keep going with my recovery even though it gets harder to eat when I know there are people keeping an eye on how much I eat.