PDA

View Full Version : We broke up

starforty
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
He took the iniative to break up with me. He said he loves me too much. He wants me to find the one true love, have a family, and be happy.

It breaks my heart that he sees it might not be him - the one that makes me happy.

Now how do I deal with the loss of my best friend? I feel like that's what I'm dealing with now, instead of the loss of a boyfriend.

I don't have anyone that I can really talk to - my parents maybe. My close friend lives over an hour away, so we can't even do a girls night. I feel so lonely.

sflathinker
01-26-2012, 10:41 AM
You will get over this, you know that....you've done it before. It takes time. It requires you reach put, talk to your family, friends and also make an effort to connect with new girls. Sign up for a class or attend a lecture...do things that interest you. You weren't in love with him and you derseve that.

starforty
01-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I think I was in love with him, but I do know that we both deserve better. I care for him too much to keep dragging this on. It's not fair to either of us.

I did reach out to my one friend (but she doesn't live close by and she is married and has other stuff going on in her life). I'm counting down the seconds until I can go back home, put my pjs on, and cry....and snuggle with my dog.

I should walk him before I have the nervous break down though, since afterwards, my eyes will be so puffy, I won't want to go anywhere in public. :(

sflathinker
01-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Call your friends...all of us are busy but never too busy to be a friend to someone we care for who needs us. Whatever your feelings you spent almost the entire relationship questioning things. Remember....right person, right time, right place. When it happens you'll know why no one else was the one for you.

fifteen
01-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Big hugs starforty. I know it's hard to lose your best friend. You probably feel really alone. But you're not. Keep reaching out to your friends and to family. Let them in. You need the support and love right now.

Take care of yourself. Try to do things that make you happy and feel good.

Best wishes and keep coming back to the board for support. I can relate to how you feel right now, so if you need someone to vent to I am here.