PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, Hurt and Confused

sick_of_the_fear
01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I want to thank you in advance for reading this and if you have ANY kind words or advise I want to thank you twice.

So my best friend and I have lived together all throughout college and have had to deal with competing for anything and everything for almost all of it. We are really more like sister and fight like them too when we do. But one of the many issues in our friendship is that we never talk about our issues with each other when we have them we just ignore them and either pretend like everything is fine or just distance ourselves. This got to be a habit shortly after she found out about me ED.:lookin

The point of this is she has been completely distant, rude, and short with me for a week now. She gets like this when she is stressed in school or we are angry at eachother. But school is low for her right now and she acts totally fine around our other roommate (who half the time says she can't stand!) :confused

Therefore it is obvious it is me. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID!!!!! Part of me wonders if it is because I recently started dating this guy and just sees how happy I am and wants one too, because she has been kind of on a man hunt the past few weeks. But I try so hard to make sure I give her a chance to just have roomie time but when I am here with her she just ignores me or gets irritated. So I have been trying to hive her space but I am sooooooooo frustrated and feel so rejected, and honestly hurt. :cry

If any of you out in the fish bowl can read minds I would appreciate greatly it if you would let me know what she is thinking. If you do not have super powers just some words of wisdom would also be wonderful.

escape needed
01-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I am sorry to hear that. Sister like friendships are fantastic when they are there.

My only advice would be ask her - speculating on why she is acting in a certain manner isn't likely help you or her. There could be any number of things that could be on her mind. If you don't ask you may not ever know.

Take care of yourself

fifteen
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
You just need to confront her. She could be hurting over something and taking it out on you, which you don't deserve. This behavior needs to be addressed. Ask her what's up and just offer to be there for her if she needs. Good luck. I hope it goes well.