PDA

View Full Version : Sad

curiousitykitten
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm beginning to find that when i talk to friends, I'm usually the one that initiates things. Talking, texting, face booking, hanging out. Its never the other way around. I can go days without speaking to someone and they don't say anything. It makes me wonder if I'm really anything of importance in their life.... of course everyone carries a presence, so my existence to them isn't pointless. But i can't help but feel lonely or a little bit neglected when no one really goes out of their way to find me or talk to me.

CindyLouWho
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Hey kitten,

I know I have definitely had this experience and I think you have to be careful jumping to conclusions about what your friends are thinking. A lot of people just are not the type to initiate plans, but are delighted when someone else does. You can tell a lot by how things go when you are actually hanging out with these people - do they seem bored? Happy? Like they're having fun?

It can be really tough to feel like you're making all the effort and getting nothing in return, but realize it does not necessarily reflect on how people feel about you. I bet your friends have gotten used to you being the one to initiate things, so they simply don't feel the need to do so themselves!

Much <****