PDA

View Full Version : An Epiphany About Moving On

Ulyssessgirl
12-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I hope ya'll are not sick of my moving on shite, but I recently discovered something about the process and that is taking responsibility.

Up until yesterday, I've been feeling massively sorry for myself and pointing the finger at him... What he did to me. How he treated me. How he let me down. How he annihilated my soul etc. etc.

Totally playing the victim-woe-is-me-card.

And then I realized that I played a part in the demise of the relationship too. I emotionally checked out. I hung on to a lot of issues and brought them up time and time again when we fought. Sometimes my anger was scary. I'd threaten to break up with him all the time. I never took responsibility for my ED and was chronically depressed.

Sure I could relate all those issues back to him in some way, but in reality, that was ALL me.
Those were my choices.

I'm not going to feel sorry for myself anymore. What is done is done. And the best part fishies, I never (and you, if you're in a similar boat) have to experience the pain of the past again because it's long gone. It's over. It's a memory. And I find that oddly relieving. :touched

Just wanted to share. Thank you for listening or reading. I'm processing a lot of stuff right now and I feel the safest talking about it here. Thank you. :lubdub

rugbyplayer
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I am so happy that you are taking ownership in your portion of it all. It is easy to blame and point the finger at other people. I think this is what adults do. Good for you. Best wishes.