PDA

View Full Version : a new year, a better one?(uplifting i guess)

buttercup_fairie
01-06-2002, 05:59 PM
:hugon :bowl :hugoffsome of you know me from other boards(most likely, the ana board or the SI board) but for those of you who don't know me, *waves* hello :sarcasm

i started going out with my best friend brian two days after christmas :supergrin we'd been friends forever and he knew about the ED and the SI and everything, including things that my best (girl) friend didn't know. i knew he liked me before but i didn't know if he still did but he does and the timing was perfect so we're together :bounce anyways, back to the point of my post

after my last relationship(i've been known to go out with stupid guys, guys that would treat me like shit and i'd put up with it :ummm but brian's totally different than them :supergrin) i never thought i'd be back with a guy, i thought i'd be alone for the rest of my life, i guess you could say i was about to give up on relationships but then :stars brian :stars came back and i got to see him and my outlook changed. he'd always been the bestest best friend anyone could have, he was always there for me and i saw him being that way towards the other girls he had gone out with so i what i'm saying is that don't give up, i know it can seem like the guy you're going out with doesn't understand the ED but the important thing is that they try. and if you have a relationship where the guy doesn't treat you like the princess that you are, don't give up on relationships, you will find a guy that's worth the princess-ness of you :love

heavenlee
01-07-2002, 02:35 AM
:hugon :love :hugon :wand CHRISTY :wand :hugoff :love :hugoff

blp, that was an absolutely inspiring and awesomely positive post.
thankyou so much for thinking of everyone else and letting us share in your happiness.

and you know what.....

i really am SO happy for you :yay

:touched

buttercup_fairie
01-07-2002, 01:03 PM
:hugon kristy :hugoffthanks :grin i'm glad you found it uplifting and i hope other :fishys read this and feel the same way :winky take care fpf

princesspj
01-08-2002, 02:02 AM
what a nice, uplifting post! thanks SO much for sharing! good luck with everything....look forward to hearing more from you in the future!
much :love,
Pamela:notes

travellergirl
01-09-2002, 03:45 AM
:hugonChristy:hugoff

Hey sweety!
I dont know if you know me, but I know you and think youre truly inspiration to a lot of :fishy's including me:shy
Anyways Im so happy you found this guy and things are working out so well for you guys:yay
Ive never been into a relatioship, so dont know how that really is. Hope to find someone someday tho:ugh
thanks for posting and sharing this:touched
:love,
Amparo

buttercup_fairie
01-09-2002, 12:28 PM
:hugon pamela :hugoff:hugon amparo :hugoffthanks you guys :grin i'm glad that you liked it :grin i thought i'd post something uplifting since i hadn't in awhile :winky and of course i remember you :hugon amparo :hugoff i miss you,i remember seeing your name around alot more before and i hadn't seen you swimming in the :bowl for awhile :grin it's good to see you :love

Raevan
01-09-2002, 06:08 PM
i congratulate you ****) for taking the step to open up to someone, especially your bf, and telling him about your ed. and ****) seeing the goodness in people although you may have experienced bad people in the past. i know this all too well. i have dated many men who didn't always treat me well. i often overlooked their behavior due to my poor self-esteem and desire to take on a challenge. well i never beat the challenge..the men continued to be mean, and i only sunk deeper. anyway, my point is, i recently married my best friend. my h treats me with all the respect and love i deserve. he didn't ignore me, suppress his feelings, or isolate himself when i told him about my ed...as many of the guys did in the past. he supports me in everyway. it has truly shown me that he is THE ONE. good luck with brian..sounds like you have a great start at something truly special. enjoy. :love :kiss