PDA

View Full Version : Self-Image Worksheet

Ali Lynn
01-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I've been struggling with my self-image and body-image quite a bit recently. Someone that I've been working with came up with this worksheet on self-image. I'm still working on it and finding it to be really difficult and overwhelming, but thought I would post it to see if anyone else wanted to look into it as well. When I'm finished, I'm going to post it back here and maybe if everyone does the same it would give some insightful information. It's also a good way to support ourselves and one another since self-image and body-image is something so many of us struggle with. Even if you don't want to participate, maybe you can offer your thoughts or suggestions. I hope it helps someone because it's been eye-opening for me.

Self-Image Worksheet

What does taking care of yourself mean to you?

List ways you can better take care of yourself.

"I forgive myself for __________."

What do you judge about yourself?

List at least three positive qualities about yourself.

"My inner beauty is __________."

I am repairable. Discuss and reflect.

List your negative self-talk statements and then a positive affirmation to replace them.

Imagine that you have one day to enhance a friend's self-esteem. Make a list of things you could do, things you could say, or gifts you could give that would help boost their self-esteem.

Look over the list you wrote for the last question and put an asterisk by any of the items on the list that you have done or given to yourself in the last month.

KHamilton
01-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Self-Image Worksheet

"I forgive myself for ruining so much of my loved ones' lives."

What do you judge about yourself? My looks, my work performance, my ability to do ed behaviors

I am funny, I have a good fashion sense, and I am a good aunt.

"My inner beauty is the real key to getting the attenion I want."

I am not destined to have this eating disorder for the rest of my life. I can choose to change things and work hard to do so. The relationships that I have wrecked can also be patched, and although they may not be the same, they may even become stronger.

List your negative self-talk statements and then a positive affirmation to replace them.
ED: You shouldn't eat lunch today because you are getting pudgy.
ME: I have to eat so that my brain can function.

ED: Take laxatives so that you'll lose weight before your nutritionist appt.
ME: That's just water weight, and I will eventually have to stop or I will die.

ED: Your treatment team, husband, and family all think you are fat.
ME: I know I'm not fat, and if they think that, they are wrong.

Imagine that you have one day to enhance a friend's self-esteem. Make a list of things you could do, things you could say, or gifts you could give that would help boost their self-esteem.
I could say, "You make everything more fun."
I could offer to help her with her work.
I could give her a beaded bracelet I made in her favorite colors.

Look over the list you wrote for the last question and put an asterisk by any of the items on the list that you have done or given to yourself in the last month.

Cnidarian
02-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Self-Image Worksheet

Putting recovery first and foremost
Remembering that I don't have to be perfect - just try my best.
Remembering that I don't have to conform to anyone else's ideals - just be true tomyself.

Take time to relax during the days.
ALWAYS eat everything I'm supposed to, no excuses.
Talk instead of bottling everything up inside.

"I forgive myself for __________."
I need to forgive myself for lots of stuff - mostly stuff that rationally I know was beyond my control.

What do you judge about yourself?
Productivity or lack thereof.
Academic performance.

Intelligence.
Caring.
Adaptive.

"My inner beauty is __________."
Invisible to me.

Gotta come back to the rest of this after I put some thought into it.

Seabiscuit
02-03-2007, 12:31 AM
]Self-Image Worksheet

What does taking care of yourself mean to you? Nurturing my body, mind. soul and spirit.

"I forgive myself for ________stealing, lying, cheating, hurting others__."

What do you judge about yourself? my eyebrow area, my voice, manners, body etcetera

"My inner beauty is _____my love of myself_____."

i can fix parts of me that i would like to
You are fat
You are not fat, you are beautiful. Besides you are less overweight than before and are healthily working on decreasing your obesity

You don't deserve to eat
I do deserve to eat to nurture my body.

I am just a pain to others
You are a loving individual to others

You are an amazing equestrienne
You are beautiful
You are a good friend
Journal
Hug
Letters
You are a great artist