View Full Version : Can't stop pacing - help...?

08-25-2004, 05:45 AM

heya all you other :bandwagon just hopig for some warming words and/or challenges for my BEHAVIOUR today.... It's my party today to celebrate the fact that I've left IP and it's so scary - I'm gonna have to say goodbye to everyone who has helped me get this far and it feel sso much like cutting my ties to recovery! So in response to this anxiousness I am totally restless and it's driving me nuts. I actually cannot stop moving I am pacing even as I type because I cannot. I know that it is linked with my anxiousness rather than any desire to exercise, but I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience and/ or adviice..?

Thanks, xXx FF xXx

08-25-2004, 07:08 AM
hi there
i get anxious a lot as well. i do pace wheni talk on the phone cause usually i talk at night when i am most prone to anxiety and i tend to pace while i talk. seems hard to sit still when i am on the phone a while. when i am anxious what tends to help is to keep my hands busy. crossword puzzles, computer, petting my cats. yoga can be great for anxiety. or journaling as well. perhaps try them and see if they help.